Bleisure living in Emilia: discovering Parma Food Valley, Piacenza and Reggio Emilia
When food valley meets motors, culture, art and wellbeing, also business becomes an important experience
Museum of food and history, cultural routes, nature and unexpected itineraries, spas, castles and hamlets and then, last but not least, a pool of food and wine excellencies which, alone, it’s well worth a journey in Emilia Food Valley. For promotion and valorisation of these marvels, capable of attracting important differentiated tourist flows, the Destinazione Turistica Emilia was established: Parma, Creative City for Italian Gastronomy UNESCO and Italian Capital of Culture in 2020, Piacenza and Reggio Emilia set a territory which becomes system. It is capable of put together assets, visions and places that are so attractive to satisfy not only curiosities of weekend walkers, but also needs of event managers and business&leisure travellers, looking for always new experiences and incentives.
Here, bleisure traveller finds a broad range of stay offers – motivational tours, car museums, en plein air presentations, tastes of pdo products in many “temples” of Emilia Romagna food valley, to cite just a few examples – that follow one single fil rouge: authenticity of accessible experiences in territory, despite variety and diversity of them.
Making tourism to impart an art of living
Emilia way of life rewards taste but also materialize in tourist paths, that made possible to understand history places of great cultural wealth. examples of this are the Castles of Duchy, that are able to enchant even the most demanding traveller, custodians of incredibly interesting stories and surrounded by postcard sceneries, they are photographs and instagram-attitude proof and, moreover, perfect to organise high-impact events.
From Piacenza and its surroundings, other points of interest for tourism are in Reggio Emilia where cultural asset plays a role of great importance. With the nomination of 2020 Parma Capital of Culture, all the territory of Destinazione Turistica Emilia launches the concept of “Culture beats time”, a claim which summarises the strength of authentic places, bearers of experiences where culture is the natural breath of everyday life, where landscape, which goes from Po river to Apennines, changes at every hill and nature becomes final protagonist of memorable and unexpected routes.
But the generous land of Destinazione Turistica Emilia (that only during this year, will offer 85 expositions, 70 theatre performances, 160 concerts, 25 art and culture festival and 170 exhibitions and debates, www.visitemilia.com) cares the know how of motors and speed linked to automotive, sports and personal event of engineer Giampaolo Dallara, and offers thermal water springs and wellbeing places, such as Salsomaggiore with splendid buildings in Liberty-Decò style, Spas and the Palazzo dei Congressi situated in the centre of a magnificent park, that can be reached on foot from all the hotels of the city.
Bleisure living in Emilia! >> Read more
Meeting and event location at Destinazione Turistica Emilia “Selected by MM”
- Fidenza Village, surprising location between Bologna and Milan where meeting bumps into shopping experience but also culture, nature and taste of territory; >> Read more
- Food Valley Travel & Leisure, incoming tour operator and destination management company focused on (but not only) Emilia, for events and memorable activities, between culture and nature; >> Read more
- Grand Hotel de La Ville Parma, in Parma city center, right in front the Auditorium Paganini, as part of Paganini Congressi this is the ideal solution for meetings and congresses of excellence; >> Read more
- Inc Hotels a Parma, four ecofriendly hotels in the city, open to business travellers needs; >> Read more
- Link124 Hotel e Inkiostro, contemporary hospitality, great MICE services and space and one Michelin Star restaurant, close to the highway exit Parma Centro; >> Read more
- Paganini Congressi, three different facilities, one single identity, for this former industrial complex which has become temple of music, culture and events in the Parma centre; >> Read more
For more information on the structures, click on details and consult our Directory: