Venice is more than a tourist destination or a wedding location par excellence
Thanks to its truly unique charm, continues to be a global heritage to promote but also protect with great care.
Venice is the most fascinating city, the most sought-after destination in the world and therefore also the most fragile.
Everything in Venice needs incessant and expensive maintenance. It’s natural to try and deal with the honour and burden of being owners of a precious asset – it is done everywhere, in Great Britain, in France – but in Venice everything is more demanding.
The city is a treasure trove to protect. We cannot justify that the humanity of which the mass of visitors is made can tear it up, dirty it, invade it, exploit it. You can justify everything, but what is the point of visiting Venice if you don’t respect every atom of light that gets reﬂected in its waters? How many tourists are aware of the responsibility of treading on the “masegni” (the ancient ﬂoor- ing) of the city?
The institutions have proposed an entrance ticket and this could mark a great change for the fate of Venice. If we truly love Venice, we all have to ‘become venice’ because if we don’t do something, the city will be submerged. Venice will have to live forever counting on a good compromise between modernity and tradition and it would be noble for each of us to become a defender of the city and recommend a code of conduct to the guests.
Each rental room, each B&B, each pension, each hotel, each Palace should become bearer of this message, oﬀering also secondary itineraries, experiences to live that many associations or guides oﬀer beyond the usual proposals:
- Discovering the wonders of the secret, historical or botanical gardens: green spaces torn from the sea and its saltiness. Worth mentioning are the vegetable gardens of Sant’Erasmo, famous for the castraure, small and pleasantly bitter artichokes, the Giardino delle Vergini in the Arsenale, the vegetable garden/courtyard of the Convent of the Redeemer or the green Labyrinth of the island of San Giorgio.
- The great museums of Venice. The Guggenheim Foundation Museum is located in Palazzo Venier dei Leoni; The Museum of the perfume of Palazzo Mocenigo (5 halls where you follow the common threads of the history of olfactory seductions); The Murano Glass Museum (created in 1861 by the abbot Vincenzo Zanetti) and the MUVE (venetian Civic Museums) proposes very large exhibitions.
The challenge today?
In few words: ‘Je suis Venise, I am Venice’ and the same commitment should be felt for the other treasure that the Serenissima left us, the Venetian Villas, agricultural enterprises, a sign of power but also of culture and reﬁnement, a phenomenon unique in the world and imitated in world architecture.
Locations for business&leisure stay in Venice:
- Ca’ Sagredo. A Palace indissolubly linked to the Sagredo’s noble bloodline, not only for its name, but also for the role that plays in culture area in Venice and, by extension, in the world. >> Read more
- DoubleTree By Hilton Venice North. This is an elegant arch structure placed in 10 hectares of private land. It’s the perfect setting for meetings and events. >> Read more
- Hotel Excelsior Venice Lido Resort. On the beach of Venice Lido, you may find a dreamy ambiance that recalls the Belle Époque and the five star hospitality. >> Read more
- Four Points By Sheraton Venice Mestre. A strong bleisure vocation which guarantees its guests innovative points and quality services. >> Read more
- Grand Hotel dei Dogi The Dedica Anthology. A unique five-star hotel with a very beautiful, centuries-old park of over 2000 square meters in the heart of the most authentic Venice: Cannaregio. >> Read more
- Hotel Monaco & Grand Canal. From the terrace, that overlooks the Grand Canal, you may admire every reflection of Venice beauty. >> Read more
- Hilton Molino Stucky. The biggest conference hotel in the city, is the perfect location for every event, all year-round.
- Russott Hotel. Offers 12 flexible conference rooms for up to 1.000 people, including car accessibility. The hotel is set in the green San Giuliano Park on the outskirts of Mestre, only a 10-minute bus ride from Venice. The supreme food quality and competent service make this property to the ideal location for any congress and event.
- San Servolo Island. An extraordinary island that hosts a conference centre with housing, overlooking Venice splendor. >> Read more
- Splendid Venice. Luxury hotel within walking distance of Piazza San Marco, Palazzo Ducale and the Rialto Bridge with 165 rooms and suites offering the best of Venetian elegance, a romantic restaurant in the heart of Venice and a meeting room with an elegant and rich atmosphere of history, ideal for your events, both private and corporate, in Venice.
- The Gritti Palace. Perched high on the hotel rooftop, the 250-square-metre Redentore Suite Terrace is a versatile al-fresco space unique in Venice for its unequalled views of the city and Grand Canal.
- The School of Glass Abate Zanetti. A top quality training course, between innovation and ancient tradition, for those who want to become a Master in Murano glass art. >> Read more
- Scuola Grande della Misericordia. Art, history, culture: the Misericordia is all these things and much more. >> Read more
- Vela S.p.A. Venice Unique Convention Bureau. How to set an event in Venice, make it relevant and moving through the historical centre as a real Venetian. With Vela it’s possible. >> Read more
- Villa Barbarich. Venice Mestre. A charming place where you may feel the history, by living the present. >> Read more
- Villa Widmann Rezzonico Foscari. A Venetian symbol villa of the Riviera del Brenta, which provides all the information concerning the Villas of Veneto of the area and the Terre dei Tiepolo. >> Read more
For more information on the structure, click on details and consult our Directory: