Everyone is mad about #BathroomSelfie
What is the last popular trend among millennials? The #BathroomSelfie: a phenomenon which has increased reviews about noteworthy bathrooms of hotels, since its spread on Instagram.
A proper lighting and a selfie stick are no longer enough, the millenials want a bathroom with unusual furniture, whirlpool baths, fluffy bathrobes, many mirrors and, of course, the most desirable toiletries. But it’s just thanks to selfie-hunting travellers that numbers of bathrooms reviews grew by 44% from January 2017 to April 2018.
This is showed by Hotels.com™, it specified that data refer to 36.4 million review received until 16 May 2019. #BathroomSelfie has wiped out competition with more than 1.5 million tags on Instagram, namely 32 times more than #BedroomSelfie and 13 times more than #LiftSelfie. So, hotels are seriously considering the phenomenon and we expect this trend will continue to grow".
Hotel jewel bathrooms in the world
For travellers that are #BathroomSelfie enthusiasts there are some jewel bathrooms hotels to mark in agenda.
- At The Mandrake Hotel of London you could not resist a "bubbling" snapshot in the white marble bathtub. Double click will surely come for the whole setting;
- Again in London, in the city centre there’s the luxurious l’Oscar London. Located in an ancient Baptist Church, it has preserved some original furnitures and a coloured crystal glass window. You may indulge yourself with selfies in this sumptuous architectural jewel and in a dream bathtub;
- In Marrakech, near Medina, La Sultana resort is a marble paradise which offers an intimate ambiance with rooms that overlook the iconic mosque of Koutoubia. Bathroom is coloured peach and gold and it offers the perfect background for a snapshot;
- In Paris, Le Royal Monceau transforms a selfie into thousand selfies, in the bathroom full of mirrors. Built in the city of elegance and a short stroll from the iconic Arc de Triomphe, "instagrammability" is the next step;
- In Phuket, in Thailand, the Keemala is an ideal oasis for a “return to nature” selfie, a luxurious escape that is designed to be an extension of natural landscape. The resort has a spa and outdoor swimming pool. An unmissable place for enchanting selfies.
- In Ho Chi Minh City, in Vietnam, The Reverie Saigon has a spectacular bathroom that will give you a real social veneration. In these bathrooms, which give romantic ambiance, you may spread love taking a photo while you enjoy the real essence of luxury;
- In Chile, in San Vicente, the Hotel Vik allows one of the most amazing views from a bathroom in the world, in a dream destination. Guests may admire their bathroom selfies in an exclusive carbon fibre bathroom.