The 10 most beautiful beaches of Sardinia
From the Maddalena archipelago to the location of Swept away by an unusual destiny: there is the tour of the 10 most beautiful beaches of the Sardinia
If you say Sardinia, you think of dreamy beaches and crystal clear sea. After all, this has been the fulcrum of tourism on the island for years. However, what are the 10 most beautiful beaches of Sardinia? Let’s try to travel across them ideally in clockwise direction, starting from the North West, to discover the wildest and most unspoiled beaches:
The Maddalena Archipelago
- Santa Maria Cove, Santa Maria Island. It has a long beach of fine and white sand, surrounded by steep and spectacular rocks and extra transparent waters. It can be reached by sea, even thanks to tourist boats which cross the Maddalena Archipelago;
- Pink Beach, Island of Budelli. A place of dreams, always in the Maddalena archipelago, with the unmistakable nuance of pink flamingo. In order to safeguard the territory, it can be admired only by sea or by a walkway near to the seashore, which is accessible on foot;
- "Tahiti" Beach, Caprera Island. Lido of white and extremely fine sand, it’s known for surrounding nature, wild beauty and crystal clear waters, with shades of emerald green and turquoise. It’s accessible by sea or through a path which extends from the connecting bridge with the Maddalena.
- Liscia di Vacca Beach, Costa Smeralda. Delightful seashore with bright blue waters, it’s nicely protected by wind and it can be reached by land;
- Spalmatore di Terra Beach, Tavolara Island. Fascinating place, characterised by a long stretch of sand, on both sides it’s bathed by sea and it’s surrounded by impressive granite cliffs;
- Cala Luna Beach, Gulf of Orosei. Protected by steep rock walls, that frame it, and characterised by large natural caves which offer a pleasant shade during the warmest months, it was chosen for its wild aspect as location of the film Swept away by an unusual destiny.
- Cava Usai Beach, Cape Carbonara. A wild nature corner, between rocks and the Mediterranean maquis, that offers depths which are very much appreciated by who practices snorkeling;
- Chia Beach, Chia Bay. In big cove it’s a magical beach surrounded by high dunes, where the old dirt road offers particularly attractive coast corners to trekking and mountain bike enthusiasts.
- La Pelosa Beach, Stintino. Between the coast and the Asinara, it’s dreamy with always calm crystal clear waters, even when the mistral blows;
- Lu Bagnu Beach, Castelsardo. It’s a golden sand beach that is bounded by dunes and vegetation, it’s easily accessible by land and and it’s a frequent destination for surfers.
Do you also want to discover the ecotourism itineraries in the hinterland of Sardinia? Click here
For more information on the “Structure selected by MM”, click on details and consult our Directory: